Subject: Re: Suggestion for SAS/C 6.01
From: [email-masked] (Heinz Wrobel)
Date: 27 Oct 92 18:22:23 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Doug Walker) writes:
>|> _cli_parse	    turns arguments into argc and argv -- replaceable
>
>????  I don't understand what this does.

/*
 *	This routine is called from the _main() routine and is used to
 *	parse the arguments passed from the CLI to the program. It sets
 *	up an array of pointers to arguments in the global variables and
 *	and sets up _argc and _argv which will be passed by _main() to
 *	the main() procedure. If no arguments are ever going to be
 *	parsed, this routine may be replaced by a stub routine to reduce
 *	program size.
 *
 *	If _arg_lin is non-zero, the _exit() routine will call FreeMem()
 *	with _arg_lin as the memory to free and _arg_len as the size.
 *
 */
_cli_parse(pp, alen, aptr)
struct Process *pp;
long alen;
register char *aptr;
{

>|> scr_..	    cursor control functions
>
>I would need more information, but offhand I don't think they are
>in there.

Easy to replace. Basically you can just write the standard ANSI sequences
out to the console. These functions just supply standrad functionality like
scr_beep(), scr_tab(), scr_clear(), bla bla ...

>|> _wb_parse	    called in Workbench startup -- reads WINDOW= tooltype
>
>???? Need more information.

/*
 *	This routine is called from the _main() routine and is used to
 *	open a window for standard I/O to use. The window is actually
 *	defined by setting the ToolType, "WINDOW", to the desired window
 *	specification. If this is not required, this routine may be
 *	replaced by a stub in the users main program. Note that even if
 *	this code is called by _main(), if the WINDOW tool type is not
 *	defined, there will be no window.
 *
 *	EXAMPLE:	WINDOW=CON:0/0/640/200/Test Window
 */
_wb_parse(pp, wbm)
register struct Process *pp;
struct WBStartup *wbm;
{

>=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)460-7430 =

--
Heinz Wrobel, Edotronik GmbH (ECG018)
FAX +49 89 850 51 25 / TEL +49 89 850 25 20 (HOME!&VOICE, sometimes...)
Path: [email-masked]
"It's good to have a mouse, it's faster if you can do without one..."
"He who doesn't develop with an A2024 doesn't know about font independent
 user interfaces..."